Quotes from Coaches
Forbes Carlile. MBE, MSc, ASCTA member number 1
- “Australia, and you, should be very proud of what you have developed”
- “I have purchased three complete systems for my three clubs”
- “I believe AutoCoach is a winner.”
Forbes Carlile is Australia's first post-World War II Olympics swimming coach and later Australia's first competitor in the modern pentathlon at the 1952 Summer Olympics in Helsinki.
Coach Forbes Carlile is the first and perhaps only Australian to have been a coach and competitor for Australia at the Olympic Games.
Carlile studied at The Scots College, Sydney and the University of Sydney under Professor Frank Cotton, graduating with a Masters of Science and later lecturing there in human physiology. His pioneering work on elite athlete training methods included interval workouts, pace clocks and log books, heart-rate tests, training under stress and T Wave studies of the ventricles. He developed techniques such as even-paced swimming and the use of two-beat kicks for long-distance events.
Craig Chantler (Coach Sans Souci Sea Devils)
- I just wanted to write to express some positive feedback towards your product, AutoCoach. Our swim club, Sans Souci Sea Devils purchased two auto coach systems about 18 months ago. It is still a product that I use every session. I feel it is the best product, by far, that our club has purchased in order to further enhance the performance of our swimmers.
- As a coach, the pace function has allowed me to spend less time with my eyes looking at the stop watch and more time with my eyes on my swimmers, allowing me to put in place a lot more stroke and skill correction.
- The stop watch function is also very handy with it being two stopwatches in one.
The swimmers also enjoy when I use the race function for time trials, along with the pace test - king of the mountain, function.
- It has been a vital tool in us seeing some great success over the past 18 months.
It is definitely a product that I recommend to other coaches and will continue to do so.
Thanks for such a great product.
Forrest Butcher (Head Coach, Somerset College)
- Hi Autocoach,
The race start function is great and we use it all the time with interval training (i.e. 10 sec apart). I believe it definitely helps our swimmers (and saves coaches voices). The beep option is very useful too, and we use this occasionally.
Gilbert Legaspi. (Head Coach, Swim Houston Aquatics Center, USA)
- I love the watch. I use more of the “watch” function. I use the “race” for time trials during practice.
Definitely helps our starts to simulate meets.
Chris Duncan (Aquatics Director and Head Coach, JCC Waves, Merage JCC Orange County)
- We use the Race Start function to start swimmers and that works very well in test or “for time” swims. We also use the Interval function to start swimmers so that I can watch starts/swims and give feedback for swimming. It also is a set timer in dryland. Overall we are very happy and have found no limitations with the system.
Adam Hosking. (Head Coach Brisbane Boys College and West Brisbane Aquatic Club)
- I believe it is a great tool to help improve the swimmer's start. Particularly in simulating the "Starting Environment" as well as improving discipline when reacting to the starting signal.
Ralph McManis, (Breakers WA Swim Club – multi discipline coach)
- I probably use the pace mode more than starts when doing normal squad work but every second Friday, the club has a race night for juniors. Race starts is exclusively used for not only their starts, but to accustom them to the race procedure, even to where they stand on pool deck and mount the blocks.
- Totally convinced this improves all swimmers starts especially those who go early or miss the start.
Dion Mepham (Head Swim Coach, Trinity College, Perth)
- I have been using Autocoach every day.
- It’s brilliant. I had to trial 16-year-old swimmers for on orientation day this week. It usually takes me an hour and a quarter. I got through it in 25 minutes just by setting the interval to 40-seconds. And, that’s using two lanes instead of 6. Awesome!!
- The PE boys are all over it too for athletics and cycling. So, I’d like to get a price quote for four more watches, a computer programme, an LED screen and a large PA for the oval.
Nathan Doyle (Head Coach C2K Aquatic Centre & Australia National Coach, IPC World Championships July 2015.)
- Been a massive first night. We have been using the AutoCoach system all through staging camp and in warm ups leading up to the meet. We are certainly turning many heads from other countries and have had lots of questions and interest.
Ang Peng Siong (Principal - APS Swim School Singapore)
- That interval training function is very convenient. And, it allows the coaches to focus on providing more technical feedback to swimmers without looking at the stopwatch.
Ian Pope (Head Coach, Melbourne Vicentre Swimming Club, Australian Coach of the Year on multiple occasions)
- Freedom to coach and assess performance without the burden of being a time-keeper.
- There isn’t a session today that I wouldn’t go on deck without my Autocoach system.
- To have the ability to conduct interval training or race pace training with the Autocoach has made my coaching so much easier. I don’t have to shout when the swimmers need to leave. The swimmers can hear their times and see their times giving me the time to focus on watching how they swim.